What Is Guest Mode On Roku In 2023 – Informative Guide
In this article, we will be discussing what is guest mode on Roku. Guest Mode is a new feature on Roku that allows users to invite others to use their Roku device without giving them access to their accounts or settings.
When you enable Guest Mode, a unique code is generated that you can give to your guest. Your guest can then use this code to access your Roku device and stream content for a limited time.
Roku is a small black set-top “box” that allows you to watch Internet TV channels on your TV. The Roku device connects to the internet and streams media to your TV. You can watch shows from popular networks such as Netflix, Hulu Plus, Amazon Instant Video, Crackle, PBS, ESPN, and many more.
What Is Guest Mode On Roku?
Guest mode on Roku is a privacy feature that allows you to limit what information other people can see when they use your Roku device. When the guest mode is enabled, only the channels that you’ve approved will be visible.
This can be useful if you have children who use your Roku device and you don’t want them to be able to access certain channels. The guest mode can also be helpful if you’re lending your Roku device to someone and you don’t want them to be able to see your private channels.
Why Guest Mode Is Used?
The guest mode can be used for several reasons. For example, you may want to use it to give visitors access to your Roku device without giving them access to your personal account information. You may also want to use guest mode if you have multiple people using your Roku device and you want to keep track of who is using it and when.
There are a few reasons why you might want to enable guest mode on your Roku device:
- If you have children who use your Roku device, the guest mode can help you limit what they can see.
- If you’re lending your Roku device to someone, the guest mode can prevent them from seeing your private channels.
- If you’re using a public Roku device, such as at a hotel or in a waiting room, the guest mode can help you keep your personal information private.
What Can Visitors Do While In Guest Mode?
When the guest mode is enabled, visitors will have access to all of the channels that are available on your Roku device. They will also be able to add and remove channels, but they will not be able to access your account information or make any changes to your account.
If you have any concerns about what visitors can do while in guest mode, you can always add a password to your Roku device. That way, even if someone knows your PIN, they won’t be able to access your device without the password.
To add a password:
- Open the Settings menu on your Roku device.
- Select System.
- Select Password.
- Enter a password and confirm it.
Now, whenever you enable guest mode, you’ll be prompted for the password as well as the PIN. Be sure to choose a strong password that’s different from your PIN. And as always, keep it safe.
How Does Guest Mode Work?
When you enable guest mode on your Roku device, you will be asked to create a 4-digit PIN. This PIN will be used to access the device in guest mode. Once the guest mode is enabled, anyone who wants to use the device will need to enter the PIN to access it.
If you forget your PIN, don’t worry! You can always reset it by going to the Roku device’s settings menu.
What Are The Benefits Of Using Guest Mode?
Guest mode offers several benefits, including:
- Allowing you to give visitors access to your Roku device without giving them access to your personal account information.
- Helping you keep track of who is using your Roku device and when.
- Ensuring that only people with the PIN can access your Roku device.
If you’re looking for a way to give visitors access to your Roku device without giving them access to your personal account information, the guest mode is a great option!
How To Enable Guest Mode On Your Roku Device
Enabling guest mode on your Roku device is quick and easy! Just follow these simple steps:
1. Press the Home button on your Roku remote.
2. Scroll up or down and select Settings.
3. Scroll down and select System.
4. Select Guest Mode.
5. Select Enable Guest Mode.
6. Enter a 4-digit PIN of your choice (this will be used to access the device in guest mode).
7. Confirm your PIN by entering it again.
8. That’s it! You’ve successfully enabled guest mode on your Roku device!
If you ever need to disable guest mode or change your PIN, simply follow the steps above and select Disable Guest Mode or Change PIN, respectively.
How Do I Remotely Sign a Guest Mode Out?
Roku also provides the option to sign out your guest remotely. Keep in mind, though, that this will keep your Roku device in guest mode until you exit it. Follow the steps given below:
1. Easily sign out of your guest account on Roku!
2. First, access your personal Roku account via the internet browser of your choice.
3. Log into your account.
4. Then select ‘My linked devices’.
5. Choose your Roku Device from the list.
6. Now proceed with signing out as a guest user – By clicking ‘Yes, sign guest out now’ when prompted for confirmation. With that done they are free to log into their own profile as desired.
As previously stated, you can disable guest mode remotely by visiting the Roku website.
FAQs – What Is Guest Mode On Roku
Can We Customize My Roku Guests’ Welcome Screen? If so, how?
Give your guests a personalized welcome with the customizable guest mode screen on Roku! Log into your account from any browser or mobile device –> go to My Linked devices –> Select the desired Roku device —then choose ‘Customize Welcome Message’ –> Type up to 40 characters of text that will appear as soon as someone logs in – providing them with an extra special greeting every time they visit.
Is Guest Mode the same as Auto Sign Out Mode On Roku?
Yes, you can modify the guest mode welcome screen on Roku.
Yes. On Roku TV, the auto sign-out mode and the guest mode are the same. When OS 9.1 was released in 2008, the auto sign-out mode on Roku devices running on OS 9.0 and below was changed to Guest Mode. Roku has also added functionality to the new guest mode feature such as remotely signing in and out of Guest Mode and screen customization options.
What Should You Do If Your Roku Is Stuck in Guest Mode?
Signing out of guest mode is a simple process. If your Roku streaming stick remains in guest mode, it may be due to an invalid PIN. So, double-check your Roku PIN and try disabling Guest Mode again.
If it doesn’t work, you can Reset your device from the Roku settings page.
You can also get in touch with Roku customer service.
Guest mode is a great way to let other people use your Roku device without giving them access to your personal account information. It’s a quick and easy way to share the fun with friends and family.
We hope this article helped you understand what guest mode is and what is guest mode on Roku! If you have any questions, feel free to leave a comment below. Thanks for reading!