Are you a Roku owner who is looking for a way how to program a new Roku remote? If yes, then this is the perfect article for you. Setting up a new Roku remote can be a daunting task, but if you have the right tools and information it becomes incredibly simple.
All you need to program your new remote is the model number of your Roku device and the manual that came with it. You’ll find detailed instructions on how to connect your remote to the streaming device in the manual.
If that isn’t possible, you can take the following broad actions: Press any other button on the remote after pressing and holding the “Pairing” button on the back of your Roku remote until the indicator light begins flashing.
You’re done! With just a few easy steps and some basic knowledge, you’ll be navigating your favorite movies, shows, and media with ease in no time.
- Steps: How To Program A New Roku Remote
- Types Of Roku Remote
- How To Pair A New Roku Remote?
- Final Words
Steps: How To Program A New Roku Remote
One of the most useful pieces of technology today is the Roku streaming device; its accompanying remote can be programmed to control any number of electronics.
The process to program a new remote can take a few moments but will ultimately leave you in control of your entertainment environment.
Now, let’s dive into the process of how to program a new Roku remote.
1. Click on the Home button on your Roku remote. This will bring up the home screen and make it easier for you to find what you need.
2. By selecting the gear symbol in the top-right corner of the home screen or by simply hitting the asterisk (*) button on your remote, you can access the Settings menu.
3. Select Remote & Accessories from the Settings menu.
4. Select Pair a New Remote or Add a New Remote and press OK on the remote to begin.
5. Press and hold down the pairing button located at the back of your new Roku remote for at least 3 seconds until you see it flicker.
6. The remote will then automatically pair with your device and display a confirmation message on the screen. Press OK to confirm that you want to use this new remote control for your Roku streaming device.
7. Your new Roku remote can now be used to operate your streaming device! Enjoy!
Alternatively, you can also program your remote using the Roku mobile app. To do this,
1. Download and install the Roku mobile app on your device.
2. Open the app and select Remote & Accessories from the Settings menu.
3. Select “Pair a New Remote” or “Add a New Remote” and follow the instructions to connect it to your streaming device. Once done, you can start using your new Roku remote!
So, this was all about How To Program A New Roku Remote. For more information on Roku, keep reading!
Types Of Roku Remote
With the Roku Remote, simple control of your streaming device is at your fingertips. It features buttons that are simple to operate and are intuitively designed so you can quickly find what you’re looking for with minimum fuss. Roku remotes come in two varieties – simple remote and voice remote.
1. The basic remote is simple to use, making it ideal for both inexperienced and seasoned users. It has all the essential features including volume control, streaming channel access, cursor movement, etc.
2. Voice remotes amplify your entertainment experience with simple voice commands that can be used to search for content, launch apps, switch between channels, and more. With this type of remote, you don’t have to worry about typing a long keyword into the search bar – just speak directly into the microphone and let your Roku do its work!
Whether you are looking for hands-free convenience or simple access to all of your streaming content needs, Roku has you covered with a wide range of quality remote options.
How To Reset An Unresponsive Roku Voice Remote?
If your Roku Voice Remote no longer responds to voice commands, try resetting the remote. To do this, locate the small recessed button on the back of the Roku Voice Remote and press it firmly with a paperclip or similar object for about three seconds. The LED indicator light will blink twice when successfully reset.
Once you’ve reset your remote, you can re-enable voice control by going into Settings > Remotes & Devices > Voice Control on your Roku device menu. To set up your remote and re-enable voice control, follow the onscreen instructions.
Afterward, test that everything is working properly by issuing some basic commands such as “play something funny” or “show me something scary”. If your remote is working properly, you should be able to see a response on the screen.
If you continue to experience issues with your voice remote, try resetting it again or contact Roku customer support for additional assistance. With these steps, your Roku Voice Remote should be up and running in no time!
Another possible issue that can occur with the Roku Voice Remote is that the batteries are drained or not installed correctly. To fix this, remove the battery cover on the back of the remote and replace any existing batteries with new ones. Reattach the cover and ensure all connections are secure.
Likewise, if you’re using rechargeable batteries, make sure your remote is properly charged. Move the switch located at the bottom of the remote from “Off” to “Charge”, and plug it into a power source such as an outlet or USB port.
Your Roku Voice Remote should start functioning normally after completing these procedures. Get more help from Roku customer service if you’re still having problems. With these simple methods, you’ll be able to enjoy your favorite shows and movies without any further interruptions.
How To Pair A New Roku Remote?
To pair a new Roku remote with your device, you will need to follow these steps:
1. Check the type of remote that comes with your Roku device. Depending on the model, you may have an IR (infrared) or Wi-Fi-enabled remote.
2. If your remote is an IR remote, open up the battery compartment and look for any stickers inside it which indicate which code was assigned to it during manufacturing. You can use this code to pair your new IR remote with your Roku device.
3. With WiFi-enabled remotes, you can simply press and hold down the pairing button at the back of the remote until it begins searching for your Roku device’s wireless network connection.
4. If you’re having trouble pairing your remote with your Roku device, try resetting the connection by unplugging the power cord for 30 seconds and plugging it back in again. This will force Roku to search for a new connection from any available remotes within its range.
5. Once your remote has successfully connected to your Roku device, test out some of its features like volume control and menu navigation to make sure that everything is working properly.
6. You can also customize additional settings such as game controllers and voice commands through the Settings menu on your home screen or app drawer if desired.
FAQs: How To Program A New Roku Remote
Q 1: What Is The Reason That My Roku Remote Won’t Pair?
A 1: The remote might not pair because it needs new batteries. Alternatively, it’s possible that the remote and your Roku device are connected to different Wi-Fi networks. Furthermore, if you have an infrared remote, there can be obstacles that prohibit it from working with the device. HDMI connections being interfered with could also be a problem. If so, you can get rid of the Roku control by asking Roku for a free HDMI extension.
Q 2: Where Can I Find A Remote For My Roku?
A 2: Use the free Roku mobile app, which is accessible for iOS® and AndroidTM smartphones, to manage your Roku streaming player or Roku TV. With the Remote function of the smartphone app, you may control your Roku.
Q 3: Does Every Roku Remote Function With Every Roku?
A 3: Roku remotes can be divided into two groups: basic and upgraded. While more advanced RF remote controls can be pointed in any direction, simpler infrared remote controls require a line of sight to function. Save for Streaming Stick variants, simple remotes work with almost all Roku players; upgraded remotes work with all Roku players except the very first.
Q 4: Is There A Universal Remote For Roku?
A 4: All Roku devices are compatible with the Roku Voice Remote Pro (including TVs, streaming sticks, soundbars, and more).
Although each Roku TV remote is unique, they all perform the same fundamental tasks. You can program any remote if you know how to program one type of remote. You should have no trouble setting up your new Roku remote after following these steps.
Do you have any other advice for setting up a Roku remote? Please share them in the comments section below. We trust you now have all the knowledge you require on how to program a new Roku remote. Thanks for reading.