Are you tired of having to scroll through all the stories from people that you don’t really want to see? If so, then this article is perfect for you! In this blog post, we will explain how to not see someones stories on insta.
- To do this, start by navigating to the person’s profile and tapping the 3 dots menu at the top right corner.
- Then choose “Mute stories from [person’s name]” and confirm.
- From there, all their stories will appear in your Instagram Story tray but they won’t be visible when you view them and they won’t show up in your Seen By list.
- It’s a great way to remain private while still engaging on the platform at your own convenience.
Whether they are close family members, acquaintances, or even strangers whose posts just aren’t quite up your alley, it’s good to know how you can filter out some of the noise on Instagram and make sure only content that interests you pop up in your newsfeed.
Keep reading on to find out more about how easy it is to never miss a post again – and get ready for an improved experience with the world’s biggest social media platform.
- Steps: How To Not See Someones Stories On Insta
- How To Unmute Someone’s Story On Instagram
- Final Words
Steps: How To Not See Someones Stories On Insta
Learning how to not see someone’s stories on Instagram can be a great way to declutter your social media experience. Let’s have a look at the steps that you need to follow for how to not see someones stories on insta.
1. Start the Instagram app on your phone or tablet.
2. To access your profile page, click on the button for your profile in the lower right corner of the screen.
3. Find the user’s account you want to mute, and tap on their profile name or image.
4. On their profile page, tap the three dots (…) in the top right corner to bring up a menu of choices.
5. Select “Mute Story” from the list of options that appear in the menu and confirm when prompted if you are certain about this action.
6. The user is now muted, meaning you won’t see their stories in your feed or be able to view them directly in their profile. You can always undo this action by visiting their profile and tapping on the “Unmute Story” option from the menu.
7. Now that you’ve muted someone’s stories, it will remain like this until you decide to unmute them. This means that any new stories they post won’t appear in your feed or when viewing their profile directly.
And there you have it! That’s how to not see someone’s stories on Instagram without unfollowing them or blocking them altogether. With a few simple steps, you can mute stories and stay up-to-date with people who are important to you without being flooded by content you don’t want to.
How To Unmute Someone’s Story On Instagram
Unmuting someone’s story on Instagram is an easy process with just a few steps.
- To unmute a story, first, log into your account and locate the person’s profile.
- Once you have found them, tap their profile picture to see their story.
- Next, look at the bottom right of the screen and locate the speaker icon which should be visible underneath the three circular dots.
- Selecting the speaker icon will activate it and unmute the story.
Finally, if you ever need to mute someone’s story again, just repeat this same process with the added step of selecting the mute button rather than unmute – located adjacent to the speaker icon!
FAQs: How To Not See Someones Stories On Insta
Q 1: What Can I Do To Stop Myself From Checking Someone’s Instagram?
A 1: You have two options: either unfollow the account or block the account by visiting the person’s profile. I would advise the latter so that even if you type his username into the search field, nothing will appear.
Q 2: Can My Restricted Friends See If I’m Online?
A 2: They won’t be able to tell if you’ve seen their messages or when you last logged on. Additionally, you won’t be able to track their login time. If you’re going to enter a group chat with someone you restricted, we’ll let you know.
Q 3: What Do Restricted Friends See?
A 3: When you add someone to your Restricted list, you keep your friendship with them on Facebook but they can only see the posts you tag them in and the public information you choose to make public, such as your posts and profile information.
Q 4: Can Friends With Restrictions See My Likes?
A 4: Likes and comments will only be visible to your approved followers. Likes on public posts are publicly visible, and your username appears beneath the post if you liked it.
If you’re someone who doesn’t want to see certain people’s stories on Insta, don’t worry, there’s a way to do it! All you need to do is follow these steps. Thanks for reading and we hope this helped you gain all the information that you needed to know on how to not see someones stories on insta.